#CountDown: 8 Days To #TNYSCM06: Convergence Across the New Apparel Supply Chain
Note: Originally published at innovationfootprints.com on May 13, 2018.
We’re now just a little over a week away from The New York Supply Chain Meetup’s sixth gathering. The purpose of this post is to outline our plans for that event, and preview what we expect to do in June. We’re still in the early days of building this community, so much of this is subject to change, especially as we go through the process of recruiting sponsors.
#WorkInProgress: Before the preview, however, some news by way of an update; In the 8 months or so since I decided I wanted to hang out with “my people” at a meetup in NYC that focuses on supply chain, technology, and innovation, The New York Supply Chain Meetup (#TNYSCM) has grown to more than 1,000 members. #TNYSCM is the originating chapter of The Worldwide Supply Chain Federation — a global network of meetups focused on supply chain, technology, and innovation. We are currently in the process of establishing The Singapore Supply Chain Meetup (#TSGSCM) and The Vancouver Supply Chain Meetup (#TVRSCM). We are exploring chapters in Australia and Europe. It’s early days for The Worldwide Supply Chain Federation . . . so there isn’t much to report, except; We’re working on it.
To nurture and grow the world’s foremost open, global, multidisciplinary community of people devoted to building the supply chain networks of the future — starting in NYC.
The past ran on supply chains. The present runs on supply chains. The future will run on supply chains. The world is a supply chain.™
We are actively recruiting corporate sponsors with ambitions that match ours. If you’d like to hear more, please reach us through our website or another social channel.
The New York Supply Chain Meetup is powered by Particle Ventures, a seed-stage fund in New York City that invests in Supply Chain & Industrial Intelligence. Particle is built by the same team that launched KEC Ventures.
#TNYSCM06 is sponsored by SAP.iO, a venture studio, a venture fund, and a startup foundry that helps innovators inside and outside of SAP build products, find customers, and change industries.
Logistical Details: #TNYSCM06
- Date: Thursday, May 24, 2018
- Time: 17:30–21:00
- Location: SAP America, 10 Hudson Yards, 48th Floor, New York, NY. Please register by following the link above.
#TNYSCM06 will feature a showcase and a panel discussion.
5:30 PM — 5:55 PM: Pre-event Networking 5:55 PM — 6:00 PM: Welcome Remarks (#TNYSCM, SAP.iO) 6:00 PM — 7:15 PM: Showcase (85 minutes / 10 minutes + 4 minutes Q&A each) 7:15 PM — 7:20 PM: Bio Break
7:20 PM — 8:25 PM: Panel Discussion (50 minutes), Q&A (10 minutes) 8:25 PM — 8:30 PM Closing Remarks
Our showcase presenters are;
The panel discussion will be moderated by Lisa Morales-Hellebo. Lisa is #TNYSCM’s co-founder, she is also building REFASHIOND, a fund that will play a pioneering role in reinventing the global fashion and apparel retail industry.
Our panelists are;
- Joe Sartre, Partner, Bleu Capital
- Leslie Harwell, Managing Partner, Alante Capital
- Nathan Cray, VP, Integrations & Operations, ALDO Group
- John Silverstein, VP, Operations, CGS (Computer Generated Solutions)
Preview — #TNYSCM in June
Here is what our team of organizers is working on for June.
- June 21: A Sourcing 101 workshop for startups building physical products. More details coming soon via our meetup page. So sign up there in order to be among the first to know when we announce the details. We are working on an event title, but all the other details are complete.
Other Upcoming Supply Chain Events
- Transparency18: This is the flagship event series started by the founders of the Blockchain in Transport Alliance. It follows BiTA’s Spring Symposium, a members only event that occurs on May 21, 2018. I will attend both days of Transparency 18 on May 22 and May 23.